Ruby on Rails DeveloperLocation: Denver, Colorado
PrintReleaf has an immediate opening for a full-stack Ruby on Rails developer to join our growing software development team.
At PrintReleaf we are building the world’s first platform for automated reforestation. We measure paper consumption at businesses, equate it to the number of trees deforested to produce that paper, and automate the reforestation of those trees at planting projects around the world.
The PrintReleaf product layer is powered by Ruby on Rails: everything from our suite of dashboard and account management applications, to our public APIs and marketing site. As a developer on the product team, you build and maintain customer-facing and internal web applications and APIs using modern tools and an open-source stack. We use Rails 4.2 on Ruby 2.2 with Postgres and Redis. We use Linux on AWS in production, and we automate our infrastructure and deployments using tools like Terraform and Ansible.
- Professional or open source experience building web software with Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of the Ruby language and ecosystem
- Experience with the RSpec unit testing library
- Authored, documented, and maintained RESTful APIs
- Solid background with relational databases (Postgres)
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- An analytical mind and a determination to get to the bottom of problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus: Rails 5 experience
- Be comfortable and productive working independently and on small teams
- Think asynchronously and be comfortable with developing and running code in a distributed environment
- Have an opinion on test-driven development
- Enjoy taking things apart to see how they work
- Take pride in a well built and well specified system
- Have a passion for developing a product that provides a sustainable environmental solution
- Build and maintain our suite of customer-facing and internal web applications and APIs
- Gather requirements, develop new features, internal applications, build tooling, integrate with external systems, test / QA, and deploy
How to apply:
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what excites you about the role.
You should include these in your application:
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc.)
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or in the form of a cover letter)