Ruby on Rails / React DeveloperLocation: Denver, Colorado
PrintReleaf has an immediate opening for a Ruby on Rails / React Developer to join our growing software development team.
Position: Ruby on Rails / React Developer
Location: Denver, Colorado
Salary range: $90,000 – $120,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Benefits: Flexible time off and competitive benefits
PrintReleaf is the world’s first platform for automated reforestation. We measure paper consumption at businesses, equate it to the number of trees deforested to produce that paper, and automate the reforestation of those trees at planting projects around the world.
The PrintReleaf product layer is powered by Ruby on Rails: everything from our suite of dashboard and account management applications, to our public APIs and marketing site.
As a developer on the product development team, you build and maintain customer-facing web applications and APIs using modern tools and an open-source stack. We use Rails 6 on Ruby 2.6.3 with Postgres and Redis, with TypeScript + React on the front end. We develop locally on Mac computers and we use Linux on AWS in production. We automate our infrastructure and deployments using tools like Terraform and Ansible.
We are currently working remotely but candidates located in Denver, CO are preferred.
Tech we use:
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS / Terraform / Ansible
- Git / GitHub
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain our suite of customer-facing and internal web applications and APIs.
- Gather requirements, develop new features, internal applications, build tooling, integrate with external systems, test / QA, debug, and deploy.
- Developers act as first-line technical support for customers and salespeople, occasionally participating in customer meetings to support product development.
What you bring:
- 1-3 years professional experience building web applications with Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of the Ruby language and ecosystem
- Experience with the RSpec testing library
- Experience with TypeScript and React
- Familiarity with relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Front-end web design skills
- Experience with AWS, Ubuntu, Terraform, and Ansible (or similar technologies)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience or education in environmental sustainability or green tech
- Experience or education in commercial printing technologies
- Strong mathematics/analytical skills
- General business acumen
How to apply:
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what excites you about the role.
- Please include a description of your work history – whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or in the form of a cover letter.
- Feel free to ask any questions about the position.