Last Updated: May, 2023
This Policy applies to visitors to the www.printreleaf.com website, any other site that refers to this Policy, and successor websites to the foregoing (the “Site”). The Policy also applies to users of the PrintReleaf cloud-based paper consumption measurement and reforestation matching service (the “Service”) available through our Site. References in this Policy to the Services include the Site.
This Policy does not apply to websites, applications, or services that do not display or link to this statement or that display or link to different privacy statements. For purposes of this Policy, personal information means information relating directly or indirectly to an identifiable individual, except as may be set forth in applicable law.
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND HOW WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THE SITE, ENGAGE US FOR OUR SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE USE OUR SERVICES.
Information Collected and Sources of Information
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Service.
Information You Provide Us
We collect personal information you provide to us, such as:
- Contact and Account Information. If you request access to the Service or register for an account to use the Service, we collect your name, email address, company address, password, company name and logo and other information you provide us on our Site.
- Feedback or Correspondence. We may collect information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, testimonials, or otherwise correspond with us online or through other channels.
- Marketing Information. We may collect information regarding your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
- Customer and Transaction Information. If you inquire about or purchase our Services, we may collect information about such inquiries, purchases, or other transactions and information about your customer service interactions with us.
- Electronic Information. As set forth below under Information Automatically Collected Via Technology, we may collect certain identifying information about your or your device.
Information From Third Parties
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Service. For example, we may receive information from third-party sources such as marketing partners, social media and other cloud-based platforms, identity providers, publicly-available sources, business partners, and data providers.
Information Automatically Collected Via Technology
Information Provided By Social Networking Sites
If you choose to apply to work with or for us through our Sites or by otherwise contacting us regarding opportunities to become an agent or contractor for us, we may collect the following:
- Contact Information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name
- Resume Information, such as qualifications, skills, employment or education history, or other resume information
- Reference Information, such as name and contact details of your references.
- Social Media Information, such as if you provide us a link to or other access to a social media account, we may collect or access any information you permit to be shared through or from your social media account and other information depending on the social media platform.
- Compensation Information that you voluntarily provide and which may depend on your region and applicable laws and regulations.
- Background Check Information, subject to applicable law.
Authorization to Provide Information
You are responsible for the personal information you provide or make available to us in connection with your use of the Services or our recruiting activities. All personal information you provide in connection with our recruiting activities must be truthful, accurate and not misleading in any way. You may not provide information that is obscene, defamatory, infringing, malicious, or that violates any law. If you provide personal information of a third party you are responsible for providing any notices and obtaining any consents necessary for us to collect and use such personal information as described in this Policy.
Use of Information We Collect
We use personal information collected through our Service for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or in connection with our Services. We may use your information to:
- Operate, provide, deliver, optimize, secure, and improve our Service and Site, including Services you requested or purchased;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Services and Sites;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service and support;
- market, promote, and conduct advertising for the Services, including to send you marketing communications via email or other contact methods where you have provided consent (as required by applicable law);
- send you information related to the Services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about Services offered by PrintReleaf and our selected partners;
- link or combine it with other personal information we receive from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us or our processing, including to comply with subpoenas and other court orders to process data where we have determined there is a legal requirement for us to do so;
- establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including with relation to our rights or those of others or for prevention or fraud or other illegal activity;
- conduct recruiting and hiring activities for opportunities with us, including to determine if your qualifications and experience match any of our available opportunities, to conduct background checks and verify the information you provide, communicate with you regarding our opportunities, improve our recruiting processes, process your onboarding if hired, and comply with applicable labor and employment laws; and
- engage in other legitimate purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
Users Located Outside the United States
The Site and our Services are hosted in and provided from the United States, and your use of our Site and Services is governed by United States law. If you are using the Site or Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our systems and facilities, and those of our third party providers and recipients of information, are located. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might be different than those in your country. By using the Site and Services, you consent to your information being transferred to our systems and facilities, and to the systems and facilities of those third parties with whom we share information as described in this Policy. Please see our Regional Privacy Information section for further information applicable to individuals located in the European Union and United Kingdom.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your information in the following ways:
Information We Share
We may share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers (such as those who provide billing, sales, product content and features, research, customer service, data storage, cloud hosting, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, marketing and advertising services) and need access to your information to provide us their services, subject to agreements that govern their use of the information in connection with the services they provide to us;
- with third-party business and operations partners who help or enable us to provide our Services, such as reforestation partners and paper consumption data partners;
- to (i) comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process, (ii) to protect the rights and property of PrintReleaf our service providers, partners, agents, customers, members, personnel, and others including to enforce our agreements, policies and Acceptable Use Policy or (iii) in an emergency to protect the personal safety of PrintReleaf, its customers, personnel, or any other person;
- in connection with or during negotiation of (i) any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company, our assets, including the personal information we have collected or received, may be included in any transfer of assets or (ii) insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset;
- with your consent;
- in aggregate or deidentified format, such as by publishing reports on usage trends related to our Services, paper consumption, reforestation, and other such trends; and
- with any of our affiliates and subsidiaries to operate our business, for example, if we form related entities or establish a presence in a country outside of the USA, we may share your information with our with such entities.
We may also share aggregated or deidentified information without restriction.
Security and Retention of your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Site or through our Services.
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and used it, requirements of applicable laws, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the information, the resolution of any pending or threatened disputes, and enforcement of our agreements. If we deidentify your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you), we may retain this information for longer periods.
When we no longer require the personal information, we will either delete or deidentify it or, if this is not possible, securely store it in accordance with this Policy and cease use of the personal information until deletion is possible.
The Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected or received personal information from children under the age of 18 without valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We do not knowingly process data of children under the age of 18 without parental consent.
Your Information Choices and Changes
Choosing Not to Share Personal Information. You may choose not to provide personal information. If you choose not to provide personal information (or ask us to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our Services or certain functionality of the Site. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service or Site functionality by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Promotional Messaging Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information by emailing email@example.com.
Regional Rights. If you are located in certain specific regions (such as the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland) which have enacted a personal data protection law that provides for specific rights such as those regarding access to, correction of, or deletion of personal information, please visit our Regional Privacy Information section below for additional privacy disclosures that may apply to you. Compliance with such requests is subject to certain limitations and exemptions and the rights of other individuals. Each request should make clear that you are making a "Subject Access Request". You may also be required to submit a proof of your identity and payment, where applicable.
Third-Party Applications and Websites
Regional Privacy Information
The below Regional Privacy Information provides additional information to individuals in the European Union, United Kingdom, and Switzerland (“Relevant Regions”) as required under applicable data protection laws in those regions (“Regional Laws”).
Personal information collected on or about individuals located in the Relevant Regions is collected on the following legal bases for processing:
- Necessary for Performance of a Contract: If we or our affiliates have entered into a contract with customers, partners, suppliers or other third parties, we may need to process your personal information or we may need to process your personal information to enter into a contract with you for employment purposes if you have applied for a job with us.
- Consent: Where you have provided your consent for us to engage in marketing activities with you, we may need to process your personal information or where you have provided us with explicit consent to process your sensitive or special categories of information in connection with our recruiting activities.
- Legitimate Interest: We may need to process your personal information where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, such as (1) to communicate with you in response to your requests, questions, inquiries, and submissions; (2) to conduct advertising, marketing and promotional activities in connection with operating our business; (3) for research and development, operation, security and optimization of our Services and business; (4) to process a job application, conduct recruiting activities, develop and improve our recruiting process or websites, and communicate with you regarding your interest in current or future employment opportunities with us; and (5) for fraud prevention purposes.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: Where we are required to comply with laws or legal obligations.
Individuals located in Relevant Regions have certain rights related to the processing of their personal information in our possession or for which we are otherwise responsible, as set forth below:
- Access: You may request to receive a copy of your personal information in machine-readable form.
- Delete: You may request we delete some personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
- Correct or Rectify: You may correct or change some personal information that we store about you; in particular, to correct inaccurate information.
- Object to or Restrict Processing: You may object to our processing of some personal information about you or restrict or limit our use of some personal information about you.
- Transfer: You may request, to the extent feasible, the transfer of your personal information to another data controller.
- Consent Withdrawal: You may withdraw consents you previously granted to us.
- Automated Decision-Making: You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, with certain exceptions. We do not generally engage in such automated decision-making in our Sites or Services, and if we do, we comply with applicable Regional Laws in connection with such data processing.
Certain other details regarding the processing of personal information that individuals located in Relevant Regions may be entitled to receive are contained above.
Please note that we may not be able to fulfill your request, depending on our legal obligations. For example, we may not be able to delete or anonymize all data as we may be legally required to retain certain data or retain certain data in identifiable form. If you would like to submit a request regarding your personal information or you have any concerns about how we process your personal information under Relevant Laws, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us by writing to us at PrintReleaf c/o Customer Support, PrintReleaf 7000 Broadway Ste 2-203 Denver, Colorado 80221 United States of America.
If personal information is transferred to a recipient in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information under Relevant Laws, we will take measures designed to adequately protect your personal information, such as ensuring that such transfers are subject to the terms of applicable Standard Contractual Clauses.
We may engage the below third party processors who may process your personal information (“Subprocessors”) in the performance of our Services.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is subject to revision, and if we make any material changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by sending you an email to the last email address you provided to us, by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site, or other means in accordance with applicable law. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your personal information to provide us with your most current email address. In the event the last email address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the email containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Continued use of our Site or Service after any changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.