The PrintReleaf Standard
Trust, Certification, and Verification
All PrintReleaf reforestation projects are designated for restoration and conservation efforts, to grow into forests that will last generations.
PrintReleaf ensures that customers' environmental goals are met with our certified sustainability services, which adhere to the highest standards.
Developed in collaboration with leading print and forestry experts, this is the industry’s first codified, rigorous standards outlining minimum requirements for offsetting paper consumption with certified and verified biomass (reforestation) and carbon offsets.
The PrintReleaf Standard is an open and public document that outlines the operational, financial and organizational requirements for members of our network of certified Global Forestry Partners.Download the PrintReleaf Standard
Trust is the cornerstone of any successful partnership. That's why we have established strict and innovative industry standards to verify the performance of our reforestation projects. Reforestation with PrintReleaf embodies legitimacy and credibility. We will not stand for anything less.
A twofold certification process for reforestation
SGS International, our certifying body, conducts an initial audit to ensure our forestry partners demonstrate the organizational requirements outlined in the PrintReleaf Standard, including:
- Rights to land, and planting rights
- Expertise in forestry best practices
- Successful track record in reforestation
- Transparent reporting
- Financial health and stability
Our Global Forestry Partners manage diverse projects including geographic restoration as well as planting net-new trees in the global forestry system. Minimum requirements include:
- On-site project management that reports to organizational headquarters
- Demonstrated track record of forest management expertise at the specific project
- Attention to quantitative tree planting requirements, species allocation and corresponding survival rates
- Ability to meet tree planting timeframes of PrintReleaf project transactions
Our Certifying Body
SGS International is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, SGS employs over 70,000 people and operate a network of more than 1,350 offices and laboratories around the world.